As a licensed therapist, life coach and career counselor, the work I do helps my clients make insightful choices and implement strategies to reach their goals.
My therapy practice has as its focus helping individuals during any life transition. Through assessment, option identification, practical strategies, and ongoing guidance and support, my clients get the help they need. With new insights, options, strategies and behavioral choices, clients identify and then change patterns, thoughts and behaviors that impact the attainment of life, relationship and work goals.
I work with individual clients and couples who have a sincere desire and commitment to create positive changes. And, I facilitate a variety of support groups for women who are in the divorce process or who are divorced/widowed or alone and dealing with issues relating to identifying and creating life goals.
For companies, I have provided a variety of executive coaching, assessment and Human Resources consulting, based on my years of experience in the field of HR.
Education, Training & Background
- Licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) with a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from New York University
- Training and certification as a collaborative divorce coach sponsored by the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Training in use of numerous career related assessment tools
- Certification as a hypnotherapist
- Former faculty member for Bay State Junior College in Boston, and former adjunct professor: New York University & The New School, NYC; and SUNY Purchase, NY
- Career counselor & job search coach to young adults through high level executives for over 20 years
- An earlier career as head of various human resources departments at Fortune 500 firms to smaller firms in diverse industries and as an outplacement consultant
My professional association memberships have included: American Counseling Association (ACA), Mental Health Counseling Association (MHC), Westchester Group Therapy Practice, Westchester Therapist Network, South Florida Mental Health Associates, Palm Beach Mental Health Counseling Association, The International Collaborative Law Association (ICLA) and Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM).
My individual practice began as a career counselor and coach in New York where I became known for my expertise in assisting professionals and executives in clarifying and creating their career and job search strategies. I ran many networking groups, facilitated training sessions, and helped individuals at all levels, across industries and functions. Earlier in my educational life, I had majored in psychological counseling and had a variety of supervised internships culminating in my Masters Degree. Having discovered my “calling” to resume a career as a therapist, I obtained my mental health counseling license and began seeing clients for a variety of presenting issues (depression, anxiety, relationship problems, marital problems, conflict resolution, communications, etc).
As with many people who have a difficult personal experience as I had with my own divorce, I wanted to help individuals/couples who were considering divorce by providing before, during and “life after divorce” counseling. Considered a divorce coach by collaborative attorneys, I am part of a growing movement to reduce the adversarial element of the divorce process.
Please call or contact me to make an appointment.